- This Department functions as the policy adviser to the Government oni. Promotion of extension service delivery to support farmers (crops, livestock and fisheries) in adopting improved production technologies and innovation.ii. Disseminating appropriate technologies and building the capacity of farmers through the use of a variety of extension methods and approaches in collaboration with relevant partners.iii. Coordinating linkages between technology generation and adoption systems, demonstrates adoption of agricultural innovationsiv. Strengthening youth and women participation in agriculture for employment generation and sustainable livelihood.v. Using ICTs in extension services delivery to farmers and other value chain actors for increased agricultural productivity.
- THE TRAINING OF 50 EXTENSION AGENTS ON EXTENSION METHODOLOGY AND SELECTED AGRICULTURAL VALUE CHAIN CROPS ACROSS THE SIX GEOPOLITICAL ZONES AND FCT IN NIGERIA.
- COMMUNIQUE FROM THE WORKSHOP ON STRENGTHENING THE ADPs FOR EFFECTIVE AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION SERVICE DELIVERY AT THE GRASSROOTS IN NIGERIA FOR NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION DEVELOPMENT HELD AT ALIYU AKWE DOMA BANQUET HALL, GOVERNMENT HOUSE, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE FROM 23RD TO 24TH AUGUST, 2022.
- A 2-DAY NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION DEVELOPMENT AND COORDINATION COMMITTEE (NAEDC) WORKSHOP HELD AT ALIYU AKWE DOMA BANQUET HALL, GOVERNMENT HOUSE, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA, FROM 23RD TO 24TH AUGUST, 2022.
- TRAINING AND EMPOWERMENT OF 360 SMALLHOLDER POULTRY FARMERS ON BEST POULTRY PRODUCTION PRACTICES AND MARKETING IN TWELVE STATES, (TWO STATES FROM EACH GEO-POLITICAL ZONE) – 16TH & 17TH AUGUST, 2022.
- USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension & Advisory Services Activity.